HAPPY HOLIDAZE at artspace!
Yule Adore Our One-of-a-Kind Gifts Made by Northwest Louisiana Artists
(Shreveport, LA) – Deck the Halls, Fa La La, Goody Gumdrops and Holly Jolly! Tis the Season for a holiday shopping spree and artspace is the place to rock around the Christmas tree, Saturday, November 25, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. It’s SHOP LOCAL ART - and SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY, but HOLIDAZE is so big it’s going to take a full month (through December 30) and three entire floors to unwrap all there is to see and do.
“artspace PRESENTS” features one-of-a-kind gifts created by 26 Northwest Louisiana
Artists selected to show and sell works on two floors in artspace. GIFTSPACE introduces new jewelry designs with special holiday “trunk” shows. The Holidaze BAZAAR is located downstairs in FUNSPACE will be filled with art, holiday gifts and specialty items from local Artists. And the family can enjoy “make and take” holiday crafts while snacking on sweet treats during this special Saturday HOLIDAZE opening event. Live Entertainment will kick off the “Songs and Sounds of the Season.” The Opening Event is free and open to all who dare to “SHOP LOCAL ART!”
You’ll find UNexpected and UNcommon gifts of fine art by juried local Artists in the “artspace PRESENTS” galleries. This is seasonal shopping to give you peace on earth rather than the hustle and bustle of wandering the mall. Megan Taylor Davis’ art features rural-life and oh-so-happy cows, owls, chickens, horses and gators painted on small canvasses and on cross shoulder purses. “My art is handmade with the intention of brightening someone’s day each time they look at it,” says Davis. “People of all ages enjoy my artwork, which is done in a style that is both realistic and impressionistic to capture the personality of a pet or the slyness of a chicken.”
Julie Glass will have patio/cocktail tables, small sculptures (for a dining room buffet or bookshelf), earrings and Christmas ornaments for sale. Julie says, “The art I have in “artspace PRESENTS” is designed to be accessible and fun for the creative shopper and the fine art collector. All of the pieces are sculptures, even the earrings and ornaments, and all are made by manipulating cast-off and found objects--old metal shelving, tire tread, and mechanical parts."
Karen La Beau’s whimsical South Louisiana flavored art is a mix of folk art and outsider art. Her bright colors will make any gift recipient smile, especially her popular blue crawfish series. A dozen more local artists with very unique styles and genres will also be a part of HOLIDAZE including: Bruce Allen, Marilyn Couch,
Linda Dickson, Nancy Ferrari, Aly Fletcher, Cayla Flynn, Donna Chance Hall, Dorothy Kristen Hanna, Hooshang Khorasani, Thomas Little, Tracy McComic, Lauri Wallace, and Sherry Tamburo.
Who wants to create your own HOLIDAZE art? TINSELED THURSDAY TABLESCAPES kicks off four Thursdays of magic and merrymaking in the Holiday Bazaar as local artists and experts teach you how to design HOLIDAY TABLE DECORATIONS and CENTERPIECES. Holiday nibbles will also be provided.
· On Thursday, November 30, Lewis Gifts will host the first “Tinseled Thursday Tablescapes.” The Lewis family has been a part of Shreveport’s retail community for more than 75 years. On this Thursday, experts from the Lewis staff will demonstrate holiday table decorating and share some of the wonderful ideas that have given this gift shop the reputation is holds for high style.
· Wednesday, December 6 during the DOWNTOWN ART WALK and Thursday, December 7, The Enchanted Garden and owner Deb Beckman Cockrell, along with brother Dennis Beckman--renowned for his gorgeous custom designed “arts masks”--will bring 37 years of the enchantment of The Enchanted Garden and their timeless holiday decorating and stocking stuffer ideas to the Holiday Bazaar.
· Thursday, December 14, Hands of Vision with Kirkikis Hill and Kimberly Moseley will share their popular holiday decorating ideas from how to adorn your mantelpiece, to decorating your tree and creating a wreath for your front door.
· Thursday, December 21, TBD
The holidays do make for “A Wonderful Life” with shopping, decorating and parties galore. Where will you entertain? There’s a WINTER WONDERLAND taking shape in CoolSpace in artspace with tinsel, trees, and top-to-bottom tidings that just might fit your every holiday entertainment need. artspace is fully” technical” with sound, lights, projector, screen, microphone, Wi-Fi and more. There are even artists who can turn your gathering into something special for all ages with unique hands-on holiday activities. These are just a few of the types of parties SRAC hosts:
· a major OFFICE PARTY for up to 200 with 10% off of all HOLIDAZE shopping
· a small office gathering for as few as 16 for a “Winter Wonderland” meeting in a window
· a seated dinner amidst the Art for as few as 16 or as many as 150
· a Wonderland Wedding—just say, “I do!”
Saturday, November 25, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., HOLIDAZE kicks off a month of three full floors of one-of-a-kind art and specialty items from Northwest Louisiana Artists. Get a jump on your holiday shopping at HOLIDAZE during Downtown Art Walk on Wednesday, December 6. It’s a Seasonal Shopping Spree Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Thursdays until 8:00 PM and Sundays 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM through December 30. Visit www.artspaceshreveport.com or call 318-673-6535.